In 2012 The Board of Education began to follow the concept that success in school is inversely proportional to the size of the school's strategic plan. In the spring of 2013, the Board adopted a revised vision and mission for the district as well as establish three-year performance goals to be reached by 2016.
The C-A community works collaboratively to create personalized learning opportunities. We develop self-directed college and career ready students who are prepared to succeed in our global society.
C-A inspires learners to achieve extraordinary success.
Goals for 2016
• At least 93% of students will graduate.*
• 100% of graduates will have a plan for college or career.
MASTERY & PASSING
• The overall proficiency rate on the N.Y.S. grades 3-8 tests and Regents exams will be either 90% or increase by 15% from 2013 performance levels.
• The overall mastery rate on N.Y.S. grades 3-8 tests and Regents exams will increase by 12% from 2013 performance levels.
• 100% of students will participate each year in at least one community service activity.
COLLEGE & CAREER READY
• At least 90% of K-4 students will be at or above grade level in reading as measured by Fountas & Pinnell. *
• 100% of 8th graders will enter high school with a plan for success.
• 100% of graduates will have earned three college credits or a career technical endorsement.
* Though our current goals are not 100% we are and will be constantly striving to have ALL of our students reading at grade level and graduating.
It is serving as the five - year plan for the district, leading to the realization of this Vision Statement:
“Coxsackie-Athens will be a flagship district that provides educational opportunities to transform lives.”